The Foundation Stone for Dalmilling Church was laid on Wednesday 2nd July 1952 by Oliver Hughes-Onslow and there is a commemorative plaque mounted on the outside wall of the church.
The Church was opened and consecrated in 1953. New housing stock was being built in the area and the Parish of St Quivox extended its worship to Dalmilling. It is a classic example of the type of church extension buildings built in the 1950s in towns and cities all over Scotland. The design was deliberately flexible. The church was built as a Hall Church with a chancel at one end and a stage at the other and individual seating which could be moved into any configuration or removed altogether. It was supremely functional whilst a tastefully designed place of worship. Its pitched roof and its position on a slight rise give it a real physical presence in the heart of the community.
Gradually, it needed more facilities, and two church halls were added. The larger of the two was named after the Wilson family who had ministered in the St Quivox Parish for over 100 years - the Wilson Hall. The other hall is known by a more descriptive name - the lesser, or small hall!
A 60th Anniversary service of thanksgiving and celebration of the founding of this church was held in September 2013.
More recently, a new kitchen has been created to the left of the stage area to make easier the serving of teas and coffees after the Sunday Service.
Dalmilling Church is the place in St Quivox Parish where large social events can take place, the church, and halls providing very flexible space. It has been used for parties, funeral teas and church social events as well as providing excellent spaces for the regular daytime clubs and societies .
St Quivox Parish Church: Ayr (Church of Scotland) (known as Ayr:St Quivox Parish Church) is a Scottish Charity, SC004906, regulated by the Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR)